Information, Important Links, and Scholarship InformationKNOW
Learn More About Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation
Read below to learn more about the Rutherford Foundation, available scholarships and see common questions about making donations.
Who can I contact if I need more information?
Employee Assistance Program
Pastoral Care Services
Where Can I Mail My Donation
You can mail your donation to:
Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation
1700 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
The mission of the Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation is to advance the caring ministry and medical excellence of Ascension Saint Thomas by providing funds for research, education, and charity programs. In carrying out its mission, the Foundation embraces the philosophy and mission of healing and service to the sick and poor, and to promote, support, and engage in any of the religious, charitable, scientific and educational ministries established by Ascension Saint Thomas. The Foundation strives to uphold the core values of Ascension Saint Thomas, using these values as our guiding principles in all that we do.
Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation is designed to help needy patients as a resource of last resort and to support projects that fulfill our mission. Your help in vetting and supplying documentation is vital to our ability to serve the ministry. Therefore, please send any additional information such as bills and/or attachments with the request form which would assist in our approving and subsequently processing this request.
Continuing Education (CE) grants are available to Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Associates to help develop new skills and expand professional expertise in order to better serve our patients. The Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation strives to assist our associates become the best caregivers possible, particularly those who serve at the bedside. While we can’t fund all costs associated with continuing education opportunities, we regularly support conference registration fees for eligible employees. Please refer to the Continuing Education Application form for a full description of eligibility and program guidelines.
Can I make a donation in honor of a specific associate or physician?
The Guardian Angel program gives you an opportunity to pay tribute to a special caregiver and support the lifesaving programs and personal care you find every day at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford. When you make your donation, you’ll have the opportunity to write a personal note of thanks and your Guardian Angel will receive your message and a custom-crafted lapel pin to wear proudly!
To make a gift in honor of your Guardian Angel, call (615) 396-4953 or donate online.
Do you have any fundraising events that I can attend?
Please view our Upcoming Events page or contact Gina DeJean at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2023 Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation Scholarship Application
Eligibility and Award Criteria
Applications open April 1 and close May 15 each year.
Eligibility for the program is restricted to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Employed by Ascension Saint Thomas prior to March 1 of previous year (i.e. applying for 2023 scholarships, but be employed by Ascension Saint Thomas prior to March 1, 2022)
- Accepted into an approved and accredited academic program at the time of scholarship distribution
- Achieved a satisfactory achievement rating in most recent performance review and not currently involved in any disciplinary process
- Completed the application (inclusive of recommendations, submission of any required transcripts or proof of admissions) by submission deadlines
- Demonstrated some basis of financial need as evidenced in your application
Once a candidate is deemed eligible for consideration, all applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. Those applicants who demonstrate strong academic ability, a commitment to Ascension Saint Thomas and the mission, an interest in pursuing a field of study that meets industry demand and have financial need shall be given first consideration.
Scholarship awards are ultimately based on availability of funds and the Foundation’s ability to make awards from restricted funds with specific parameters as determined by the donor. Once a recipient is notified they have received an award, all scholarship recipients must also comply with the following:
- Scholarship recipients are required to participate in our donor stewardship program by providing thank-you notes whenever a specific donor is involved in an award. Ascension Saint Thomas Foundation will notify those recipients who are required to comply.
- On occasion donors enjoy meeting their scholarship recipients and mandatory events or gatherings will occur to facilitate an opportunity for donors and recipients to meet. Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation will notify those recipients who are required to comply.
- The scholarship program is intended to provide educational opportunities to Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Associates who will then serve the institution and its patients with enhanced knowledge and skill. We ask that no Associate apply who has knowledge or intention of leaving Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford during a school term or within 12 months after graduation. Some funds have specific guidelines on reimbursement should this occur. Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford reserves the right to seek scholarship reimbursement from those recipients who leave Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford within 12 months after the school term a scholarship award was used.
Instructions & Mandatory Requirements
Use your Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford email to complete and submit your application online.
A recommendation letter must be submitted from your Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford manager to Scholarships@ascension.org.
Optional: A reference letter may be submitted from a colleague, mentor or professor as an additional recommendation to Scholarships@ascension.org at your discretion.
Scholarship Application Form
PLEASE NOTE: ASCENSION SAINT THOMAS RUTHERFORD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSOCIATES OF ASCENSION SAINT THOMAS WITH ACTIVE ASCENSION EMAILS ONLY.
Want to Become a Volunteer?
Volunteer and help change the lives of patients in our community.
Looking to Make a Donation?
100% of every donation to the Foundation goes directly to our programs.